your Microphone stops working on Skype, you would be very annoyed. But don’t worry, you won’t be stuck there. You can fix it with this guide. We’re going to walk you through how to troubleshoot the Skype Microphone not working problem step by step. Read on to find how…
Fixes for ‘Skype Microphone not working’:
- Make sure your Microphone is set to On for Skype users (Windows 10 users)
- Adjust the audio settings on Skype
- Update your sound card driver
- Restart the Windows audio service
Fix 1: Make sure Microphone is set to On for Skype (Windows 10 users)
If you’re running Skype on Windows 10, firstly please check if the Microphone is set to On for Skype in the Privacy settings.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I (at the same time).
- Click Privacy.
- Click Microphone on the left pane. Check if the status is On for Skype.
If it’s Off, click it to switch to On.
- Log in Skype and check to see if your Microphone works.
Fix 2: Adjust the audio settings on Skype
- Login Skype with your own account.
- On Skype window, Click Tools > Options.
- Click Audio settings on the left pane. Then set your Microphone device and un-tick Automatically adjust microphone settings.
- Check to see if your Microphone works.